Deloitte | March 17, 2021
Deloitte's administration and public administrations practice announced the new Deloitte Artificial Intelligence Institute for Government today. Institute pioneers illustrated a bunch of commitments and activities to progress applied AI in the public area by building a cross-area local area for research and shared mastery, and tutoring and developing the talent of things to come.
"As evidenced in the recent National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence report, advancing the use of artificial intelligence is a national imperative. While decisions and actions to accelerate AI innovation need to happen today, implementing AI brings ethical and technical challenges that are as complex as any we have faced in recent history," said Ed Van Buren, principal with Deloitte Consulting LLP and executive director of DAIIG. "Deloitte's AI Institute for Government is focused on efforts to actively help the public sector harness and shape this movement towards blending human and machine capabilities in a way that improves citizen services, promotes economic growth and recovery, and expands human opportunity"
The institute is a center for imaginative viewpoints, coordinated effort and examination zeroed in on everything AI and related innovations for government. To accomplish this, the institute will draw in pioneers from state, neighborhood and national government, industry, and the scholarly world. The people group will reach past technologists to remember disciplines for the humanities and sciences.
"AI is more than technology — its adoption presents a seismic shift in the future of how work is done and how public servants, individuals and society work with intelligent machines and big data," said Tasha Austin, principal with Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory, Deloitte & Touche LLP; and director of DAIIG. "The community built through this institute is at the leading edge of how AI is applied to the work of government to improve everything from health care to national defense. We will address critical questions of how we build ethics and transparency into the very DNA of AI to foster trust and advance human potential, rather than increase inequity."
Some of the work and commitments underway for DAIIG's first year are listed below.
Build an AI community of research and shared expertise
The talent and capabilities embodied in the institute convey applied AI contextual analyses that make solid contrasts in open area challenges. The institute is a middle for AI in the public area local area and cultivates learning, investigation and a trade of thoughts. Early commitments include:
• Research and develop AI-powered solutions in collaboration with https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/life-sciences-and-health-care/articles/health-equity-institute.htmlDeloitte's AI Exploration Lab at the Capital Factory in Austin, Texas and the newly launched CortexAI™ for Government platform. The lab is an innovation hub and storefront to sense new AI technologies, incubate capabilities and create a space for co-development and collaboration. The lab specializes in operational data science, edge computing and the intersection of national security and AI technology innovation.
• Leverage industry leading AI experts from our government and public sector practice to research AI, develop solutions and publish insights to problems that matter to the government.
• Support existing AI communities of practice in government through events co-sponsored with leading nonprofits and trade associations.
• Establish relationships with academic institutions to identify trends and conduct interdisciplinary research on applied AI for the purpose of pioneering and creating disruptive AI technologies and solutions for the public sector.
Mentor and grow AI talent of the future
Establish a robust arrangement of partnerships with driving scholastic projects and advance individual coaching programs for early profession people, based on the central obligation to advance variety and incorporation in the field. Early activities include:
• Lead a discussion of women leaders around AI and Success for Women in STEM careers at the virtual University of Virginia Women in Data Science Worldwide Conference on Friday, March 19.
• Provide mentorship opportunities and resources such as scholarships for rising STEM students from underrepresented communities and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
• Collaborate with United Way of the National Capital Area to bring AI concepts and technology to middle schoolers in the Greater Washington Metro Area.
Deloitte's administration and public administrations practice — our kin, thoughts, innovation and results — is intended for sway. Deloitte's group of more than 16,000 experts carry new viewpoint to assist customers with expecting interruption, reconsider the conceivable, and satisfy their main goal guarantee.
Deloitte provides industry-leading audit, consulting, tax and advisory services to many of the world's most admired brands, including nearly 90% of the Fortune 500® and more than 7,000 private companies. Our people come together for the greater good and work across the industry sectors that drive and shape today's marketplace — delivering measurable and lasting results that help reinforce public trust in our capital markets, inspire clients to see challenges as opportunities to transform and thrive, and help lead the way toward a stronger economy and a healthier society. Deloitte is proud to be part of the largest global professional services network serving our clients in the markets that are most important to them. Building on more than 175 years of service, our network of member firms spans more than 150 countries and territories.
QOMPLX | September 10, 2020
QOMPLX™, an intelligent decision platform provider, today announced the release of the CMMC Pre-Assessment, a solution to help prepare defense contractors to pass their Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) audit. The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) created CMMC to enhance the cybersecurity posture of the companies that make up the Defense Industrial Base (DIB). As part of this upcoming prerequisite, all 300,000+ DIB companies will be required to meet specific maturity levels to be awarded a contract from the DOD. Previously, companies could self-certify with the appropriate Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS) and other regulations such as NIST 800-171, but CMMC now requires third-party auditors to validate if contractors are compliant with the required cybersecurity practices and procedures.
Makpar | May 26, 2021
Makpar Corporation, an experienced solutions-orientated contractor focused on modernizing IT solutions for the federal government, today announced that it has released its Makpar Innovation Lab, which aims to enhance mission success for the government via modern-day innovations.
By testing and developing the modern emerging technologies, the new Makpar Innovation Lab aims to introduce new services and products to its government customers – to enhance solutions at the same time as deepening data analytics, to add significant context and power to data-driven decisions.
“With the new Makpar Innovation Lab, we aim to constantly refine our solutions to best meet new and emerging government IT needs,” stated Tariq Islam, Director of Technology and Solutions at Makpar. “From tackling big data problems to the usage of pattern analysis and AI, we aim to constantly develop solutions that make data relevant, timely, and actionable for the government.”
Makpar is an experienced solutions-orientated federal government contractor focused on IT infrastructure modernization. Since 2009, the organization has provided mission-critical, modern technology for federal agencies looking for enterprise-wide solutions. Our capabilities encompass cybersecurity, data strategy, cloud migration, IT project management, application development, and agile transformation. Recognition and awards include the 2019 SBA Region three Subcontractor of the Year award, listing on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplaces, and multi-year certifications as a Great Place to Work.