home.aspx
 
. home.aspx

NEWS

home.aspx
   


Trump administration says it will provide food stamps in February despite shutdown

January 09, 2019 / Richard Valdmanis

The Trump administration said on Tuesday it would keep providing food assistance to poor Americans in February despite a partial U.S. government shutdown, but warned it had no solution in place for March if the funding shortfall continues. The announcement provides a reprieve for the roughly 40 million people whose food stamps have been threatened by the shutdown, triggered last month by President Donald Trump’s demand that lawmakers include billions of dollars for his promised U.S.-Mexico border wall in any legislation to fund some government agencies.